Our foundational six-lesson course, Daring Leadership: The Four Pillars of Courage.
Lesson 1 – The Pillars of Courage
- Understand the role of courage in authentic leadership.
- Learn that courage requires four skills that can be learned: vulnerability, clarity of values, trust, and rising skills.
- Identify how you want to show up as a leader and what gets in the way of being courageous.
- Develop skills to set intentions and ask for what you need with colleagues.
Lesson 2 – The Myths of Vulnerability
- Challenge old definitions and dispel the myths surrounding the concept of vulnerability.
- Learn the relationships between vulnerability, courage, and full engagement and how those relationships affect the way we live, show up in the workplace, and lead.
Lesson 3 – Clarity of Values
- Learn to recognize how shame, scarcity, and comparison show up in our professional lives and how they affect engagement, trust, and connection.
- Identify your key values and the behaviors that support these values so you can learn to recognize when you are in value alignment and when you are not.
- Differentiate between the four self-conscious emotions: shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment.
Lesson 4 – Trust
- Develop an understanding of how trust is built incrementally, over time, and often by small gestures.
- Apply the seven elements of trust in conversations to strengthen relationships with colleagues, direct reports, managers, and within teams.
Lesson 5 – Rising Skills
- Learn the importance of meaning-making in humans and how, left unchecked, our reliance on story can shape our thinking, emotion, and behavior.
- Learn the Rising Strong process and the critical role that curiosity and recognition of emotion play in rising.
- Develop strategies for reality checking the stories you tell yourself during a conflict, disappointment, or set back.
Lesson 6 – Integration and Integrity
- Determine how you will integrate key learnings from this course into your professional life.
- Create a support system to help you put courage skills into practice.